Health and Vitality Centre – Coronavirus Update
To all our Guests at the Health and Vitality Centre,
Due to all the coverage and concern about Coronavirus we feel it would be important to let you all know our efforts to remain available to you, your continued care is important to us.
On a daily basis we keep our premises very clean and you will notice that between each client we are antivirally wiping down the benches and door handles.
The hand sanitiser is also available to you in the rooms, the welcome area, and bathroom along with tissues (as per usual). We are washing our hands and using anti bacterial gel between everyclient.
Maintaining your regular adjustments is very important. Spinal adjustments have been shown to improve nerve function because they serve to correct the spinal misalignments that can cause neural dysfunction. Neural dysfunction may stress the body.
Getting a chiropractic adjustment is a great place to start so you can get any spinal misalignments you may have corrected. Encouraging your body and brain to work fully as intended.
Please consider if you are well enough to come in, If you have been abroad to an area categorised as high risk by the WHO ( if unsure check here). Or if you are feeling unwell, please do consider not coming in.
Please remember we are trying our best to safeguard our team and other guests. We have very elderly guests, very young guests and those who are immune compromised.
Our cancellation policy is still 24 hours, but if you are self-isolating then please do call to let us know. If you are not sure what to do you are welcome to call us on 01707 333390 or NHS Direct on 111.
We wish you the very best and we shall continue to give the best care we can.
There will be an online questionnaire and review form prior to attending your appointment with us.
This is to ensure the safety of both yourself, our other guests and the team. If this questionnaire
has not been completed before you attend you will not be able to continue with care on that day.
The form will be to ensure that you are eligible for care at this time.
What to expect
PPE (personal protective equipment) will be worn and this will include a disposable apron and gloves which will both be changed for every guest. We also have masks to wear if we feel its deemed necessary or the guest feels more comfortable and requests for us to wear one.
If you choose to you may wear mask/gloves yourself, however you feel most at ease. Your temperature will be taken on arrival.
Cleaning will occur between every guest on all shared surfaces (to include bathroom and Welcome area) and at the beginning and end of the day.
On the day
We ask that you please remain in the comfort of your car until you are ushered in. This will help to reduce the traffic in the centre.
If you are walking please come in, use hand sanitizer on the desk provided or wash your hands,
then make your way to room 1* (room next to the toilet).
*Note- If there is already someone in room 1 please wait in the welcome area.
We will then invite you to come through to the room where you'll need to sign a consent form.
Please sign this if you are happy to receive care. Your temperature will also be logged onto this sheet.
We are able to take payment over the phone, or ask that you use online banking. If however you do need to make a payment on the day please pay by card, our card machine can now take contactless payments for up to £45.
We will be doing everything that we can to minimise contact apart from the actual clinical session.
Your health and safety are paramount in this situation, as is ours and our other guests. We will be assessing the situation on a daily basis and staying updated with news and changes and adhering to government advice.
How to AVOID Catching the Coronavirus?
- Eat a healthy diet – make sure your body has the vitamins, minerals, enzymes and micronutrients needed for optimal health.
- Consider taking High dose Vitamin C. Vitamin C administration does not decrease the average incidence of colds in the general population, yes it halved the number of colds in physically active people. Three controlled trials found that vitamin C prevented pneumonia. Two controlled trials found a treatment benefit of vitamin C for pneumonia patients.
- Get adequate rest – Get a good quality night’s sleep to give you the energy to get through the day rather than relying on stimulants like sugar, coffee, energy drinks and tobacco.
- Stay well hydrated – maximise the effectiveness of your body’s natural defence mechanisms by ensuring you are drinking adequate amounts of water.
- Exercise frequently – maximise the efficiency of your lymphatic system, which depends on movement to circulate this vital germ-fighting fluid.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Think positively and avoid overconsumption of media – its great to stay informed but too much exposure may leave you feeling stressed and anxious. Switch off, read a book, do some gardening, meditation, deep breathing and exercise.
- Maintain your regular chiropractic or osteopathic adjustments – maximise the function of the master system that controls your entire body.
The only way to catch anything is to make yourself a hospitable host…be inhospitable to coronavirus!!
All our love and best wishes – The Health and Vitality Team.